Saturday, October 17, 2009

Discipleship Books

Brothers, I would appreciate your advice regarding a book selection for discipling a guy I met through the Intern Bible Study at CHBC. Since we're studying Ephesians in the group, I figured that when I meet with him we can discuss more personal application from Ephesians, but I think it would be helpful to go through another book together -- something theologically thoughtful, yet straightforward enough to challenge a recent college grad who hasn't read much theology.

I'm considering "The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction" by Sinclair Ferguson. I know Manley has used it in discipleship before and I would love to hear his thoughts, as well as comments from anyone else who has read the book and/or has other ideas for me.

Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment