Monday, July 27, 2009

Dutch and Coffee

Personally, I don't think Ryan really even knows what a Dutch accent sounds like. If you all have been duped into believing that screechy Bavinck voice was a true Dutch accent, then shame on you.

In other news, you may or may not be interested to know that I have a part-time job. I work at the headquarters of First Citizens Bank as a front desk receptionist/security officer. I hand visitor access badges...crazy awesome stuff, I know. It's part-time in the afternoons, so I spend my mornings on the internet at Panera, drinking coffee and trying to find a real job. I got an offer as a full-time waiter at P.F. Chang's, and I'm in the middle of the interview process with ThermoFisher, supplier of scientific and laboratory equipment. I would appreciate you prayers that I would find a job that would allow me to provide for my wife.

We are loving our new church home, Christ Covenant Church in North Raleigh. We are enjoying and learning much of God's grace through marriage (day 23 today!). I have successfully ignored 3 of Josh Manley's phone calls...sorry, Josh. It was accidental and I plan to return your call today. I have been reading Heroes, by Ian Murray, and have been very encouraged to learn of the life of Thomas Charles of Bala. Oh, and I turn 25 this coming Sunday.

That's it for my update. Would love to hear advice from any of you. Would love to hear anything at all from Mark Stam. Would love to hear how Matt's honeymoon was. And would love to hear how Garrett spends his work days.

Love you all and miss your daily encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. Nik,

    Are you sure you don't want me to get you an interview w/TPC Wakefield?

    I sure you miss your handsome face.

    ReplyDelete