Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Obligated

Wow! It was great to see your names pop up in my inbox yesterday! I just wish I could have been with one of you to really enjoy the moment that I saw Manley's feeble attempt to dupe us with Ricky boy. As for a little update from our corner of the world:
  • We're loving Christ Covenant Church in Raleigh right now. I'm doing a pastoral internship there...a bit different than CHBC. Teaching the men's Bible study and building some great relationships
  • Stacy continue to work at the Dr's office as a medical assistant (like a wannabe nurse). She does stuff that creeps me out, like removing stitches and taking urine samples and other things I don't feel comfortable mentioning. But she's a really nice person...and I love her.
  • I am working at Voss Lighting...customer service stuff. We sell Philips lighting products to office management companies. It's a job that gives me lots of free time in the office for reading and teaching prep. It's a "Christian company" so they're all about employing guys who want to be in ministry. And the company motto..."We sell....to tell" (to tell the good news that is)
  • I'm not in seminary right now. Our church is in the process of joining the SBC, but it might be another month or two, before the congregation finally settles the decision. I'm waiting for that to happen before beginning at the glorious SEBTS.
  • We have not gestational news to report, but we would love to join the parent club in the not to distant future. All in God's good time
  • Currently in the midst of training for a marathon...almost half-way there. Memorizing Philippians (per Justin Taylor's blog)...any of you doing this as well?
  • Also, Ben Wright just informed me about a position I could apply for as a pastoral assistant. However, it is a fundamentalist church. which I thought would amuse you all. And it's in Lancaster PA, which is colder than NC. So God clearly is not leading us in that direction.
Miss you all but remember you with joy every time I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment