Friday, February 5, 2010

Higher Education

Hallo Fellas,

This "update" sees me writing to you all in the midst of the second sizable "snowpocalypse" or "snowmaggedon" of DC's winter. The result of all of this snowschatalogy is a day off from work for me, which means listening to choral music in preparation for Good Friday, drinking too much coffee, catching up on blog reading, eating my wife's delicious cooking, and applying for seminary.

Yes, I said applying for seminary, and yes, Ryan, you win. I'm applying to that "grand beacon" of light and truth, "The" Southern Baptist Theological Seminary of ol' Kentuck. My tongue's not in my cheek - I really do think that SBTS will be a good choice, not only theologically, but also logistically/financially for us. I'm really just hoping to get started with some extension center and possibly online classes, but the Lord may have us in Louisville in a couple of years for full time study -- we'll see!

So, my question for those "in the know:" Which M. Div. concentration do you recommend? I'm sticking with the School of Theology, and looking mostly at the Biblical/Theological Studies and the Worldview/Apologetics concentrations. Any help you can provide??

While we're at it, I also wanted to inform you guys that I will be coming on staff at CHBC this summer as a Pastoral Assistant! I'm extremely excited (and humbled - yes, sincerely humbled, not just saying that as a token nod to our buddy C.J.) for the opportunity and would covet your prayers for my faithfulness, helpfulness, and servant-mindedness during my time on staff. They're not exactly sure whose position I'll be filling, because some of the responsibilities might get shuffled around a bit - but it looks like I will have some combination of Gustav's and Geoff's duties.

That's all for now -- I'll leave you with a couple of wedding pictures since Garrett requested them so long ago!






Yep, Ryan, that's a highway-side beach on the southern coast of Maui, along the "other" road to Hana... great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment