Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time for a Makeover


This post comes with another book recommendation. I just finished reading Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Perhaps none of you are in need of this book, but as we begin marriage, Stacy and I are also starting our money makeover. We are learning together to be wise stewards of our finances, which among other things, means paying off all our school loans aggressively. Ramsey's principles are biblical and simple...more about behavior modification than magic bullets. But it is an excellent book...not only is Ramsey gifted in seeing financial matters clearly in light of Scripture, but he has a very encouraging and motivational tone throughout the book that would inspire even the most desparate of individuals. If you or anyone you know is working through financial matters, this book would be an invaluable resource.

1 comment:

  1. I think you just persuaded me to buy.

    I sure miss seeing your legs while running.

    ReplyDelete